[TriLUG] Pimpin' Gentoo

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Sun May 18 21:24:09 EDT 2003

Hate to be a bother, but I got Gentoo with X and Fluxbox to install on a VMware 3.0 system. Granted I had to do my own "mknod /dev/sda"'s but I understand that it now sees the "generic" scsi emulation that VMware does.

Good luck

On Sun, 18 May 2003 10:43:45 -0400
Tom Boucher <trekkie at spamcop.net> wrote:

> On Sunday, May 18, 2003, at 10:29 AM, Lee Fickenscher wrote:
>
> > In an effort to bring a little more Linuxness to the list I'd like to
> > point out a LinuxWorld review on my favorite distro (no flame wars
> > please, I said my favorite distro, not the best distro) Gentoo:
> >

> Just curious, but have you gotten gentoo x to work under VMWare?  I got
> it all installed and went to follow the instructions for X11
> installation and totally hosed it (of course, since the video drivers
> are from VMWare)
>
> Anyone seen instructions on how to get Gentoo X to work with VMWare
> workstation?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom

> TriLUG Organizational FAQ:

Roy Vestal
rvestal at trilug.org
http://www.trilug.org/~rvestal

The box said "Install Windows 2000 or better", so I installed LINUX!