[TriLUG] Locked CDROM

Gnu Man gnu_man at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 23 20:35:09 EDT 2003

Do a little research on the mount command and /etc/fstab.  Those will
tell you everything you need to know on mounting anything.

Yes you are reading the output correct, it does say SCSI.  Linux uses
SCSI emulation for CDRW's.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way i.e. command line:
mount -t iso9660 /dev/scd0 /mnt/cdrom

That should mount a regular cd in your drive, assuming that another
program hasn't automatically mounted it for you.

I always turn that stuff off, because personally I don't want my machine
mounting anything unless I tell it to.  As far as turning that stuff off
in Mandrake, not really sure, but Google should be able to help you.

Hope this helps.