ALSA, Re: [TriLUG] CTF, BZflag, and fun stuff.

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Thu Jun 26 11:56:25 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 10:47, Chris Knowles wrote:

> TeamSpeak (http://www.teamspeak.org/) also works on windows and Linux.
> (Sorry Mac guys... :( )
>
> If you would like to use TeamSpeak, do a "/msg elfick <message about
> teamspeak>" while in the #trilug channel in IRC, and he'll get you
> setup.

Note that so far we've only been able to get TeamSpeak to work with
ALSA, the advanced Linux sound architecture.

ALSA is quite easy to set up in Red Hat Linux (and YellowDog?) with the
FreshRPMs repository and the directions here:
	http://freshrpms.net/docs/alsa/

Perhaps those of you running Debian, Mandrake, or other distros could
mention good HOWTOs for ALSA on those distributions?  Or maybe someone
could figure out how to get teamspeak to work with plain OSS?

--Jeremy

--
| Jeremy Portzer       jeremyp at pobox.com       trilug.org/~jeremy     |