[TriLUG] Re: TriLUG digest, Vol 1 #702 - 38 msgs

Douglas Kojetin djkojeti at unity.ncsu.edu
Tue Jul 15 21:04:57 EDT 2003

Thanks Roy!

Well, Memtest is on Pass #3 (35% through) ... and already found 157
errors. I have 2x512MB chips. Now that I think back, when I installed
RH before I only had 1x512MB. Ordered a new Crucial chip within the
past two months.

A few questions (pardon the ignorance):
1) The errors reported are in the 102x.xMB range ... so does that mean
it's the second chip?
2) Will Crucial replace this faulty chip?
3) If i take out the fault chip and install RH, should I set the swap
at 2GB (2x memory i want to have) so what when/if the new chip comes in
it will be all set?

Hopefully taking out that chip will solve all the issues I've been
having!  Thanks again Roy!
Doug