[TriLUG] Remote management with Cyclades

Jason White jason at jw2.org
Thu Nov 20 11:12:21 EST 2003

Just wanted to query the list to see if anyone has any experience with
any of the remote management products that Cyclades[1] offers.

We have several Linux and AIX servers that we would like to remotely
manage -- down to the BIOS level, etc.  I've heard a lot of good
things about Cyclades over the years (they run Linux on the hardware,
they have good support for Linux, etc), so they are at the top of our
vendor list.

Along the same lines, has anyone ever used Conserver[2], which is an
open-source product that allows multiple users to watch a serial
console at the same time?  It supports just about every flavor of
unix.  Just looking for some opionions, etc.

1. http://www.cyclades.com
2. http://www.conserver.com

Thanks,
Jason