[TriLUG] LAN/WAN interface question

staylor at openfieldsolutions.com staylor at openfieldsolutions.com
Mon Feb 16 11:49:48 EST 2004

Good Morning,
Not that I am trying to defer you from moving to linux, however your
linksys should port forward to the internal address of your choosing.
Also you have a DMZ field that you can use to configure the box in.
Shawn

I need to open one server on my LAN to an outsider.  My Linksys
router appliance (BEFSR11) doesn't seem to be up to the job.  I think
it's time to upgrade to Linux.

Reqs:

* Allow a certain static IP address to ssh to a single server. (THis is
the requirement the appliance doesn't seem to support.)

* NAT

* VPN support

Is iptables that way to go?
--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com