[TriLUG] LAN/WAN interface question

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 10:25:51 EST 2004

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 11:49:48AM -0500, staylor at openfieldsolutions.com wrote:
> Good Morning,
> Not that I am trying to defer you from moving to linux, however your
> linksys should port forward to the internal address of your choosing.
> Also you have a DMZ field that you can use to configure the box in.

I've opted away from a commodity appliance doing anything other than
"all-blocked" because I don't trust it.  Even if I did trust it I would
not want a separate router and firewall.  Thanks for the comment
nonetheless, because responding helps me think through my position.

--
Mike

Two hundred years ago, we note mischievously, the average American or
European had a standard of living not very much superior to that of the
average man in India or China. -- dailyreckoning.com