[TriLUG] Re: Offshoring (was: Linux / Solaris Position)

Magnus Hedemark chrish at trilug.org
Thu Feb 19 09:44:03 EST 2004

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Michael Thompson wrote:

> Also, how many IT professionals do you know that have that "everyone who
> needs my help to use their computer is stupid, and I will belittle and
> insult them as I DO MY JOB"?

Heh yeah it reminds me of this guy I saw on IRC...

09:11 < sofaking> dammit.  pita users...  bbiab...

> You want to compete with Indians?  Throw out
> your TV, stay off /. and buy some more books.

Who has time for TV?  I think I see about 2 hours a week anymore.  One
hour of that is news because I don't have time to read the paper.

I'd *love* to buy more books.  Maybe O'Reilly should move most of their
operations to Bangalore so their books don't need to cost $40-$60 a pop
and I could afford more. ;-)  Probably a good amount of my "copious" spare
time is spent learning new skills, reading books, expanding my mind to be
a better BOFH.  The high price of books does force me to more carefully
select what subjects I'm going to study and how often I can buy a new
book.