dev resurgence (was Re: [TriLUG] simple regular expression to strip HTML?)

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Thu Feb 19 10:33:24 EST 2004

Ken Mink wrote:

> I'm working on a project right now porting an application from one
> platform to another. There are some modules written in C and some
> written in C++. However, the target platform's compiler is very strict
> and doesn't handle the '//' comment style in 'C' files.

Not to be pedantic, but I'm pretty sure // style comments are
part of standard ANSI C now.  I think they were added
with the C-99 rev of the spec.  If so your compiler isn't
strict, it's just using an older version of the C spec.

TTYL,

Phil

--
When the 1st Amendment no longer protects your voice.
And when the 4th Amendment no longer protects your privacy or your stuff.

FREE AMERICA
Vote Libertarian
www.lp.org