[TriLUG] Iptables help

staylor at openfieldsolutions.com staylor at openfieldsolutions.com
Wed Mar 24 12:26:29 EST 2004

Greg,

Maybe when you get back to class if you have an html web client you could
email the rules from the linux box itself?
Or FTP the flatfile to an internet location for later access.

That way we would be able to see the existing rules and then comment on
them.

Shawn

First off, I apologize for the inconvenience, didn't know that everybody
was going to get the email. I thought all email for the mailing list was
routed through the trilug at trilug.rog address. I have lowered my spam
blocker to medium which should  taker of the problem.

and

Secondly, if I had the rules that I was trying I would post them, the
machines we use are blocked from the internet because we have root access
and therefore I can't get the rules tried. From my point of view nobodies
doing my homework for me or us. We were all  working independently. No one
was successful. End of assignment, I'm just trying to get the rules sets
needed so that we can all see what we should have done. I will try the
suggestions provided and maybe i will figure it out. If someone can
provide the solution easily and wants to great, if not thats fine to. Just
thought I would ask.

Thanks, Greg