[TriLUG] Geocaching with linux (was Re: NIC may be too old)

Mike M linux-support at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 3 08:55:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 11:12:34PM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Mike M said the following on 6/2/04 10:28 PM:
>
> >On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 05:40:56PM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> >
> >>If it gets to be a problem I think I have something like 15 3c905s, or
> >>whatever the 10/100 3com cards are.  I could geocache one North of Wake
> >>Forest if you were truly in need.  :)
> >

> >Geocache?  I like that.
>
> Just out of curiosity, how many other geocachers are there on the list?

Oh my gosh. I just intuited that "geocache" was a term invented by Greg
to mean "physically deliver".  I thought it very clever.

> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?guid=e995b69a-e451-479a-9f5e-af384d33d1de

I should have googled.  I need a permanent link between my brain and Google.
I trust them.  They're not evil ;-).

> wish me luck :-)

luck.

Dang. Now I need a GPS tx/rx.  I didn't know I needed one until this AM.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.