[TriLUG] 1.2.3.4. I declare a distro war...

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Fri Jun 4 14:37:40 EDT 2004

I understand and acknowledge this is throwing gasoline on a forest fire, but
I feel <EVIL GRIN> mischievous </EVIL GRIN> today. I'm finally ready to dual
boot my new Compaq laptop, gotta keep XP so I'm looking for good dual boot
behavior. (I know XP is the bratty kid in my dual boot classroom, but I need
a distro that will coexist as well as it can). Good hardware support is
tops, Knoppix finds all the hardware except the Broadcom wireless, I'll use
NDIS wrapper for that.

My question given the power/special hibernate/ handle M$XP shenanigans, what
is the best distro to load on a modern laptop?

Not asking for flames, just honest opinions.

Dave S