[TriLUG] A job that was passed to me, out of my area, some of you may want to try for it.

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 20 14:05:46 EDT 2004

On Fri, Aug 20, 2004 at 12:44:55PM -0400, Brian Henning wrote:
> I think you're misunderstanding the request.  Roughly translated, I think it
> says:
>
> "We want someone with unreasonably high experience to devote themselves
> full-time to this limited-time project, thereby kinking his career track
> with a position too short-term to offer things like salary or benefits.  And
> like it!"

Ohhhhhh. In that case it's fine in its orinal form.

They will inevitably attract a certain number of BALCO-class liers
regarding their skills and background.  They'll probably feel
betrayed if the person they hire is all smoke, mirrors, growth
hormones, and no substance.

My brother, the CPA (geekness runs in the family), recently moved
from the plastic credit business to the healthcare business.  I was
floored that he was able to port his basic skills from one industry
to another.  In the IT and engineering world such portability is
rare.  The stratefication is stifling.
<snip>
--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.