[TriLUG] A job that was passed to me, out of my area, some of you may want to try for it.

Bob Evans bobevans19 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 21 05:09:51 EDT 2004

> >My brother, the CPA (geekness runs in the family),
> recently moved
> >from the plastic credit business to the healthcare
> business.  I was
> >floored that he was able to port his basic skills
> from one industry
> >to another.  In the IT and engineering world such
> portability is
> >rare.  The stratefication is stifling.
> ><snip>

I've been programming professionally since '79, on
everything from IBM mainframes, to all flavors of
UNIX, to PC. The kiss of death for me is: my entire
career has been in banking.

When bofa riffed me in 2002, I tried to break out. Got
an interview with Schneider Trucking and a couple
insurance companies in Greensboro, but actually got a
job at a bank. I can't break out.

=====
Bob Evans        bobevans19 at yahoo.com   (read weekly...)
alternate        reevans at bbandt.com     (read daily M-F)
704 562-7166 mobile
704 954-3415 office
704-882-6214 home...last resort, please

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.