[TriLUG] recommendations for professional resume help

Chris Bullock cgbullock at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:04:25 EDT 2004

I have a family member that works in HR at a very large employer in
the Raleigh area, and I asked the same questions a few months ago this
is the reply she gave me:
-------begin snip--------
"Have you thought about having your headings for Experience,
Education, and Certifications on different lines?  This way the indent
on your bullets wouldn't be so much and there would be more balance.
You might even be able to have your title, then tab and have your
company, then tab and have the dates or something like that."

"As far as resumes go, I think a lot of people are starting to break the
"rule" on that.  I'd say to keep it to two pages.  I still try to keep
1, but sometimes, that's just completely impossible.  No one tosses them
if they're over 1 page.  I'd also keep the format in bullets, not
paragraph.  No one wants to read a paragraph to get just an overview."
hope that helps,
Chris