[TriLUG] Linux forums other than trilug?

Ken Mink ken.mink at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 09:30:37 EDT 2004

Tom,
   No where in yout post did I see you mention running grub-install or
updating the first state image in the master boot record. When grub is
installed, it is told which partition grub.conf can be found on. I
think yours is still looking on /dev/hda8. You need to update the MBR
grub image to look on /dev/hdb1.
   I could be wrong and quite frequently am.

Ken