[TriLUG] TCP socket connections in Linux, gathering data from embedded device - - was WGET-LYNX??

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 17:00:59 EDT 2004

Ummmm... I guess I'm asking for a preference... however, I don't care, b/c I
probably won't understand much of the programming in any of the languages to be
perfectly honest with you.  I know I already have gcc, and C or C++ is probably
easiest to share with a broader range of people and platforms, however, I could
be completely wrong in that statement!

I suppose I'm saying is if you are interested and wanna come play with this
device and help me by writing a way to get the info from it, then share the
code with the world for others to use, great!!  That's what I'm looking for.
Some commradery and fun with linux and talking to an embedded device that does
temp/humidity in my server room.

thanks,
David M.