[TriLUG] Name-Based Virtual Hosting vs. GoDaddy, round 1

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Oct 1 13:04:40 EDT 2004

Brian Henning wrote:
>   The problem is, by the time the request makes it to my server, it's just
> "GET /" instead of "GET http://fully-qualified-url.org/" .  I've discovered

Do you have a proxy server involved?

The reason that I ask is "GET /" is correct for a web server.  The longer
version is what is sent by the browser to a proxy server.  The proxy server
then transforms that by removing the protocol and moving the host/domain to
the "Host" header before issuing the request to the destination server.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software