[TriLUG] cpu overheat

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:16:22 EST 2004

I know this is taking it a little , and verging on OT,  but you might
also look into Peltier junctions. Its an pretty cool little piece of
technology, when electricity is applied, all the heat is 'moved' to
one side, making one side cold and the other warm (where the heat sink
would be). By combining this with a larger sink, you would be able to
dissipate more heat, and actually cool the chip actively instead of
just passively.

~Ian

ps: what would the problem be with not running the fan when the chip
is running cool? Its not going to make it colder like a peltier will,
it'll just dissipate the heat that is produced... ?