[TriLUG] Simpler image manipulation program

Tom Bryan tbryan at python.net
Tue Nov 23 16:10:57 EST 2004

On Tuesday 23 November 2004 03:41 pm, Robert Ryals wrote:

> ImageMagick is pretty popular, the command name is called convert.  Lots
> of options for resizing, adding text, etc.

Or use
display filename
Then left click on the image to get the ImageMagick dialog box for a little
GUI help while doing resizing and cropping.

Then again, I find that the ImageMagick GUI drives me crazy.  The Gimp is
hopelessly complicated, but it's not annoying.  For example, my delete key
and backspace key do the same thing in the text edit fields in ImageMagick's
dialog boxes.  Sometimes new users are happier with the Gimp and a few little
things that they know how to do than they are with ImageMagick, where there
aren't so many options in the UI, but there are always little annoying things
that they keep forgetting until they hit them yet again.

---Tom