[TriLUG] Backup on USB HD lost

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu Jan 6 09:28:22 EST 2005

On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:33:55 -0500, Victor Snesarev <vnsnes at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know what could've happened and what to do about this? I am
> running "foremost" now on the drive that was formatted during Slack
> install, but I doubt I can get all my data back that way.

Are you sure you got the partitions right and there isn't another partition
on the drive?

What I would have done (which isn't much consolation now) is unmount
the usb drive after backing up and then remount it again there (or better
yet on another computer) to verify that the backup worked.

Cheers,
Tanner