[TriLUG] Firefox memory leak problem

Randall Barlow rpbarlow at eos.ncsu.edu
Wed Jul 27 17:59:32 EDT 2005

I've had this happed twice to me now this week, but I haven't been able
to intentionally reproduce the problem.  Both times firefox had been
left open for a long time (all day), and when I come back to the
machine, the hard drive is going crazy with the swap file and the
machine is very non responsive.  I had to log in to one of the tty
terminals and kill firefox to get the machine back.  The system is
Gentoo, if that makes any difference.  I noticed that it happened most
recently shortly after I opened a session of Mozilla (for some reason,
clicking links in Gaim opens Mozilla instead of Firefox).  However,
opening Mozilla and Firefox together now doesn't cause a problem...

Thanks,
Randy