[TriLUG] Hard drive advice

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 13:49:23 EDT 2005

I recently had a similar experience with a regular ATA drive from
Seagate, I didn't need to send in any documentation or anything, just
entered the serial # on the website, and it gave me a label to print,
I sent it off to them, and about a week later had a "Certified
Repaired Drive" back from them.

The only downside was a advance RMA would have cost me an additional
$30 I think, too much for my personal external drive, but for a
enterprise, it would be a small price to pay to get a 2nd drive to
recover data onto or something.

my $0.02, hth, etc.
~ian