[TriLUG] preferential traffic shaping

Josh Vickery vickeryj at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 13:00:01 EDT 2005

I used "wondershaper" to prioritize VoIP traffic and it seems to work
just fine, if  start a download the rate drops when I start a VoIP
call.  While I was at it, I deprioritized the BT traffic as well.
Wondershaper uses tc to accomplish the prioritization, its just a
default setup for traffic shaping with some variables that can be set
(prioritize traffic on some ports, de-prioritize others).  This is the
wondershaper homepage: http://lartc.org/wondershaper/