[TriLUG] NFS client on Laptop configuration question, and an Ubuntu tip

Rick DeNatale rick.denatale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:51:25 EST 2005

On 12/19/05, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking further into this, it also appears that you can place the options
> first and this default them for all mounts.  For example:
>
> -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,nodev,nosuid,nonstrict,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,async
>   /public server_name:/public
>   /othershare server_name:/othershare
>
> This is the format that the auto.net automatically creates at mount time
> for each host you wish to mount.

Looks like the above all need to be on one line, or at least one logical line

/etc/auto.net frodo produces:
-fstype=nfs,.....  \
   /public frodo:/public \
   /other frodo:/other \
   /yetanother frodo:/yetanother

Where each line but the last ends with a \ which I guess nullifies the newline.

I'm not sure that I really want to automount everything that the
server is exporting.
--
Rick DeNatale

Visit the Project Mercury Wiki Site