[TriLUG] Debian vs. Ubuntu server

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 13:14:54 EST 2006

After trying to die several times over the past six months my beloved
P-II CentOS home server has finally, and fully, bit the dust.

I'm going to convert my old very slightly used P4 Win machine to my
new server after upgrading the disks to dual 250 gig.  The only
question remains the OS: debian or Ubuntu?

>From a desktop perspective I love Ubuntu but I'm a bit leary of the
server release only because I really haven't used it.

What are everyone's thoughts for a home server?

Greg