[TriLUG] Digital phone recomendations

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Sun Jan 22 10:34:36 EST 2006

I don't know what your current situation is with your cellphones, but
there is a completely different alternative:

http://www.phonelabs.com/

When I moved to my new house I dropped standard phone lines and
purchased the PhoneLabs Dock-N-Talk.  It allows you to hook up one
cellphone to your house lines and use them to receive and make phone
calls with your regular house phones.  I have been VERY impressed with
how well it works, I just disconnected my line to the outside from my
central phone connection, and plugged this in.  Now all the phones use
one cellphone as the phone line.  Even allows for speed dial, caller id
and call waiting functions.

Depending on what your cell phone plan is, a lot of "Family" plans allow
you to add another line to your plan for $10 which can share your
minutes with the other lines.

This might be an option worth looking into.

-David