[TriLUG] Re: Postfix, Relay and nc.rr.com

Chander Ganesan chander at otg-nc.com
Wed Sep 20 13:16:56 EDT 2006

Lance A. Brown wrote:
> Brian Blater (BBList) wrote:
>

>> I would have to agree that RR is having problems today. Although my
>> delay is more than 15-20 minutes, since I had mail queued up for several
>> hours because of this problem.
>>
>> So Lance, what does one need to do to join this coop for outbound
>> forwarding? I would love to get RR out of the picture.
>>

> The coop is more than just an outbound SMTP host.  We use the machine to
> support consulting and volunteer efforts as well.  There are three of us
> that split the cost of the server between us.  I'm not sure we're
> looking for additional people at the moment as we are transitioning from
> one hosting provider to another at the moment.

We use webmail.us to do just that - provide us with an outbound SMTP
server...  There are lots of other "pay per month" type solutions that I
would assume would be cheaper than a dedicated hosted server.  I know
godaddy has one that is less than $5/month ..

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560