[TriLUG] OSS Backup Software - Take 2

Daniel Sterling dan at lost-habit.com
Mon Oct 2 18:35:31 EDT 2006

Roy Vestal wrote:
> I'm looking into OSS alternatives for a non-profit org that needs to
> do heterogeneous backups
To continue the theme of offering solutions to other problems, I'd like
to say that it'd be a lot easier to have a file server that you can back
up, and not try to back up each person's individual boxes. Set up a VPN
to allow access to the FS from the road.

I apologize, I don't have any experience with backup software myself
(besides tar+cdrecord), but I'd wager a guess that it's far easier to
back-up one FS than any number of individual workstations.

-- Dan