[TriLUG] OSS Backup Software - Take 2

Israel J Pattison pattison at usa.com
Mon Oct 2 19:09:35 EDT 2006

To come to bacula's defense, I don't quite understand this concept of users
being able to restore someone else's files to their computer.  Are you
giving your users administrative access to the bacula director?  I don't
think that was how it was intended to be used.

As a bacula admin, I schedule restore jobs on my clients from the bacula
console, and I am not going to schedule a windows user's box to be restored
with files from a linux user's box.  That just wouldn't make sense.

Perhaps the solution is to change your bacula configuration.

Israel