[TriLUG] *NIX on Itanium

Andrew Perrin clists at perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Tue Jan 30 11:06:35 EST 2007

My understanding is itanium was a not-very-good early implementation of
IA64, right? This page:

http://www.gelato.org/community/view_linear.php?id=10_151&from=monthes&value=200504

suggests that debian, at least, can be installed on it.

...and this:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_tc020702tb_rev0_us/TPM_tc020702tb_rev0_us.pdf

suggests that it takes PC100 ECC memory, which is probably available
pretty cheaply on ebay.

Enjoy!
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl