[TriLUG] Suggestions for mail hosting.

Brian Daniels bitmage at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 19 19:37:31 EDT 2007

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 04:51:35PM +1000, Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> I've used pobox.com's redirection service for over 10 years now.  It's
> surprising that something has been around that long in the Internet but
> it's true!  (I remember I got the account when Mindspring bought out
> NandO.Net's ISP service, which I just checked and was in 1996.)

Which is just the sort of thing I wanted to hear!  But dangit, can sites stop
using ridiculous account policies?

http://www.pobox.com/chromeless/user_agreement.html
"The customer shall not transmit or receive any threatening, harassing, libelous
or obscene material. The Customer shall not transmit or receive any material
which is deemed illegal by any local, state, federal, or international law."

Transmit is bad enough.  RECEIVE?!?  How am I supposed to control what is sent
to me?  Why should I care if what I'm sending violates the laws of another
country?

Sheesh.

I'm going to take a look at their service, but they're off to a bad start
already.

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at bellsouth.net
      http://www.eviloverlord.net