[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue May 22 13:14:39 EDT 2007

It is how every LEO I've heard of has interpreted the law. In Chapel Hill &
Elon at least, pedestrians are ticketed for jaywalking if they get hit by a
car outside of a crosswalk, walking against the light, or not at a corner.

WMM

On 5/22/07, J.C. Jones <jonesjc at intrex.net> wrote:

> Magnus,
>
> Yes they do have a disclaimer at the begiinning of the pdf. It says:
>
> Disclaimer
> Every attempt has been made to provide complete and thorough information
> on the North Carolina laws pertaining to bicycles and pedestrians.
> Neither ITRE nor NCDOT can be held responsible for any exclusions,
> omissions nor deletions of relevant laws. If you have questions or
> concerns regarding North Carolina law pertaining to bicycles or
> pedestrians, you may wish to consult an attorney.
>
> jcj
>
> Magnus wrote:
>
> >J.C. Jones wrote:
> >

> >>I was under the impression the bicyclists had the same freedom as
> >>regular motorists, but the following says otherwise:
> >>
> >>Excerpt from:
> >>
> http://www.ncdot.org/transit/bicycle/laws/resources/BikePedLawsGuidebook-Part-1.pdf
> >>

> >That book is not actually the law (it's a guidebook meant to interpret
> >the law) and from the research I've done it seems that many bicyclists
> >have taken issue with that particular guidebook as giving advice that is
> >potentially dangerous and likely contrary to NC laws.
> >

> --
> Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/
>
> Webmaster for:
> http://www.raleighchurchofchrist.org
> http://www.wendellgeek.com
> http://www.tuftux.com
> http://www.slowpossum.com
> http://www.dabeak.com

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2