[TriLUG] Fwd: mail relay through trilug.org?

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Tue Jul 10 13:47:51 EDT 2007

> Connecting to port 993 wouldn't help you a whole lot here.  Port 993
> is the IMAP over SSL port and that does NOT take incoming mail.
> It's absolutely useless for what you propose.

Thanks for catching my mistake.  I forgot the exact port number so I
looked in the (wrong) menu in Thunderbird to see which one it was.  It
is port 465.

A while back, I tried relaying mail to mail.trilug.org:465, but at the
time, I did not have TLS support in postfix.  So of course that didn't
work -- I was cramming plain text down a TLS/SSL socket.

Alan

.