[TriLUG] Time to Fork TriLUG?

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon Aug 13 17:05:22 EDT 2007

Jim Ray wrote:
> http://www.triangleopensource.org was formed not as a fork but rather as a
> complement to TriLUG.  I have perfect attendance at our Triangle Open Source
> meetings where we are currently focused on Ubuntu.  In contrast, I have been
> to one TriLUG meeting.

Actually Jim I was thinking of your initiative as a great example of
smaller groups that get a lot done without much of any overhead or politics.

Some other folks I've been talking with were kicking around a bunch of
ideas.

* A smaller guild of IT professionals with an up-front expectation of
professional conduct.
* A smaller informal group of geeks that gets together for beer and chat
of FOSS and related issues, sort of a meatspace /.
* Several other things but the recurring theme is "smaller group" and to
another extent "localized" or "neighborhood" group.