[TriLUG] domain registrars

Paul McLanahan pmclanahan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 17:49:32 EDT 2008

I do agree that their interface in the past left something to be
desired. They've improved immensely, and that was mostly likely after
you left. So you can take or leave that. I know it's subjective....
so... YMMV.

They do indeed upsell on the marketing site, and when you check out.
It does bother me a little... but not enough for me to carry my
business elsewhere.

I haven't experienced the password recovery, can't comment there.

As far as other people's experiences... I'll just have to wait to have
a problem I guess. After so much time w/ them I'm not going to leave
because others had issues.

The Gitmo post was unfortunate. However, if you research further
you'll find that he was merely less informed than he should have been.
Upon being pointed to more info on the subject by various commenters,
he deleted the post and posted a followup recanting his previous
position citing the new information. I personally respect that.
(sorry, no time right now to collect links)

You're more than entitled to your opinion though, and I respect that
as well. Just wanted to offer my $0.02.

Paul