[TriLUG] laptop vendors

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Thu Mar 27 12:11:58 EDT 2008

I'm probably gonna get an Ubuntu Dell, despite

* their "legendary" customer service :-) My impression is, business
   support is good, consumer support can suck real hard.

* their website. It's kinda disconcerting to look at a main overview
   page with a base configuration with Core 2 Duo, then look at the
   detail page showing Pentium, then be told by DellChat that umm,
   yeah, it's the Pentium.

I'm also considering Asus (for the Eee), System76, and ZaReason.
Anyone care to recommend any of the above? or others?

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>