[TriLUG] Off Topic: Need Cisco Router Config Help

trilug at dogstar1.com trilug at dogstar1.com
Thu Apr 3 23:11:29 EDT 2008

Tarus, are there any other network devices on your LAN? Specifically, switches. It sounds like you are using the Cisco 800 as an internal switch as well. What is the web server physically attached to? What is the IP address returned by your internal DNS? Private or Public? If it is public that would be an explanation as to why your traffic ends up on the 800. If that needs to remain the case, you may be able to add
'bridge group 1' to Vlan1 but I would double check.

Assuming the 800 is the culprit, you can try the 'ip domain-list' command. This may help if the failure you experience when attempting to access the web server internally is a result of a virtual named host issue.

Also do have an access-list set up on this device? Could you also post the results of 'show ip nat translation'? And if needed you can debug with 'debug ip nat detailed'.

Just a couple shots in the dark but I hope it steers you in the right direction.

Nick