[TriLUG] Javascript.. why?

Allen Freeman knieveltech at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 15 14:30:35 EST 2008

Link to what? Our internal Omniture reports? I think not. By turning off javascript (or using lynx for that matter) on a PC browser you're implicitly accepting a certain level of suckitude in your browsing experience. As far as mobile devices go, we deploy mobile templates on our sites for a reason. The fact of the matter is right or wrong JavaScript IS ubiquitous. As stated by others JS development frameworks are closing the gap with Flash and as such JS will only become more commonplace as time goes on.

I agree that many sites could stand to make improvements to the browsing experience for those that choose to view sites without JS support (either inherent or enabled).