[TriLUG] New Year's Resolution: Backup my data (backuppc rocks)

Jeff Ellis jeff-lists at ellises.us
Wed Dec 31 11:37:40 EST 2008

Jungle disk sounds pretty cool, but if you're talking large amounts of
storage the price could get become an issue, 100GB = $15.00 / mo = $180
/ year.

Also, by my calculations, 100 GB would take close to 30 days to upload
at Time Warner's craptactular upload speed of 300 kbps:

 100 * 1,000,000,000 bytes * 8 bits/byte / 300,000 bps / 3600 s/hr / 24
hrs/day = 30.86 days

Jeff