[TriLUG] OT: Apache performance and the increased browser connection limits

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Thu Aug 27 15:38:59 EDT 2009

I'm in the process of writing a report on the impact of the new browser
connection limits (IE8, FF3.5, etc) on the performance of Apache servers
under load.  In our tests, we are putting a server under load and measuring
how the capacity changes when clients are using 6 connections per host
instead of 2.  The report will be freely published when completed.

In order to complete this report within the alloted time, I have to make
some sweeping generalizations.  I also want to touch on certain aspects
of Apache where I have little experience (compiled-in connection limits,
etc).

Would anyone out there be willing to spend some time reviewing my report
for accuracy and/or contributing to the article?  Or know someone who is
qualified and interested in being involved?  If you can show you
have relevant experience in this area, I might be able to arrange payment
for your time :>

I'm also happy to keep this discussion on the list if anyone is interested,
but since it is a little OT, I've marked it as such.

TIA!
Chris

3684368438

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services