[TriLUG] Upgrade of Desktop

Clay Stuckey claystuckey at gmail.com
Mon May 17 14:14:06 EDT 2010

not sure why you would go through the trouble of upgrading the filesystem
and not get the benefits of a newer OS. your kernel may not even support
ext4. I know you dont want to reinstall the dev environments. Here is one
option:

install a newer OS (stick with me for a sec)
install KVM
dd the old drive to a KVM disk image
as time provides, build another newer OS and migrate over.

Not sure if that would work but it is a good way to move forward in your
situation