[TriLUG] OT: Earthlink and ISPs

tj bimasakti at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 11:13:53 EST 2010

well.
I had service with Clear hmmm, it was Clearwire at that time.
the service is "OK", but  ehem... the signal strength was not good
during   heavy raining  and "really" bad weathers.
I complained to CS, and transfer to tech support, the solution was:
moving  around the house to find the  best signal strength. oh well, I
just put on the deck, since  getting the best signal strength and used
ethernet over powerline. at the end. I canceled  and had to pay
termination fee. just fed-up with signal strength issue after using 6
months. and back to TWC :|
oh. Clearwire.. had monthly maintenance as I understood. around very
early in the morning.

I assume Clear is the old Clearwire. or I could be wrong.

it  was Clearwire, I  think, Clear has expanded the coverage Area now.

exactly, was  really pain, when I switch to earthlink cable internet,
due to  TWC jacked-up the price :|. and earthlink had promo & the
price less pricey than roadrunner.( not business cable internet)
I called 3 time to get special price for roadrunner cable internet.
they rejected my request due to " I having only Cable internet" :|.
the worst part was,  earthlink  ( Indiian guys, with thick accent,
they just  have  no clues and it seem following the written script)
ping-ponged me. and at the last call, earthlink, TWC, and me have
teleconference to solve  the switch issue . was really pain, take 2
weeks.

you can  try Clear, they have a trial, and you do not pay the
termination fee during the trial period.

I'm thinking to switch to  at&t DSL  , they has 15-20 bucks for a year
contract..
the main reason is, when I moved to my (new) house, the subdivision
was totaly  empty. til know all houses are occupied, and  the internet
speed seems not really good during the weekend or night :|. when I
called TWC month ago, they said " it is not guarantee, but up to
XXXXX", that is true, which I can not complained hahaha.

good luck,