[TriLUG] looking for resume writer/improver

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Mon Jan 24 12:24:57 EST 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Neil L. Little wrote:

> I just saw article in the N&O that says that companies
> were going over seas because the workers lacked skills.

Not quite: At the low rate the employers want to pay there
are no workers available.

Adam Smith says that if you increase the pay, there will be
lots of people to hire.

see Norm Matloff's paper

http://www.mnforsustain.org/matloff_testimony_myth_of_labor_software_shortage.htm

The same is true for fruit pickers, meat packing plant
workers and nurses. Bringing people from outside the
country, to live in USA at a pay that americans can't live
on, only brings people living in poverty (and its associated
problems) to the towns with these jobs.

Joe