[TriLUG] Dear lazyweb^WTriLUG, Laptop suggestions?

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Thu Jan 3 16:40:57 EST 2013

So the MBA is not a bad choice, but here's a conundrum I am contemplating:
I normally want to drive two large external displays. Most of my work is
done in one location, and I am much more productive with two side-by-side
displays. However, the MBA doesn't seem to be capable of doing this. The
MacBook Pro can, but only using Apple's Thunderbold displays which are $1k
each.

Another complicating factor is RAM and CPU speed: I run virtual machines
locally for testing and need a good amount of RAM out of the machine. I
figure 8GB's of RAM is enough, but most models come with only 4.

In my experience there isn't a better built laptop out there right now than
a MacBook Pro, with maybe a MacBook Air close behind, but the fact that I
can't drive two external displays is disappointing.

Igor