[TriLUG] TWC BC periodic internet disconnections

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Sat Apr 13 15:57:59 EDT 2013

Bill Farrow said the following on 4/11/2013 09:56:
> We are using a TWC BC provided Ubee DDW3611 modem (details below), and
> we have a static IP.  Connected to the modem is an Ubuntu 12.04 server
> running Zentyal 3.0 (Small Business Server).  This Linux server is
> configured with a static IP on the WAN and  uses a fairly complex
> iptables firewall config.  The Ubee modem is configured with a static
> IP, and the server uses that as the gateway IP.

If you don't need all the capabilities of the Ubee modem (VOIP,
wireless, etc.), contact customer service and request they replace it
with a plain old Motorola Surfboard. :-)  That's what I did.  My Ubee
was falling offline regularly and they finally sent a tech out.  He
redid all the cable connectors from the main drop to my desk and
replaced the Ubee with a Surfboard.  Problems solved.

--
 GPG Fingerprint: 409B A409 A38D 92BF 15D9 6EEE 9A82 F2AC 69AC 07B9
 CACert.org Assurer