[TriLUG] OT: Anyone Have A Roku?

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Fri Oct 4 17:05:26 EDT 2013

I have two. First, the older ones are slow. I haven't used the second or
third gen ones, so can't speak for them.

Second, they only have one fatal flaw which may or may not be a big deal:
you can't play your local media. Because of this I am actually looking at
Apple TV next. It's in the same price range and I believe does all the same
services I currently use: Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, Amazon Instant Video.

OTOH, Roku has been my entertainment device for the past two years. Really
glad that I cut the cord with TWC in 2011.

Igor