[TriLUG] Hit me with your best shot

Ken MacKenzie ken at mack-z.com
Thu Mar 13 15:12:21 EDT 2014

Actually you can run many different distros under crouton.  I am using
Debian Wheezy with XFCE4 as the DE/WM.  Crouton makes it pretty simple, and
the chroot can be backed up to an internal drive in case you get wiped by
an accidental spacebar press taking you out of dev mode.  Anyway apt works
just fine and I have modified my sources.list for some other repos I use.
 I chose Wheezy as it is what I am moving back to on all my other machines.
 I was an arch linux user before that, FreeBSD before that, Fedora before
that, ok and before that some Ubuntu time.  But Debian is where I started
oh so long ago in Linux.

Ken