[TriLUG] In a LUG a long time ago

John Broome jbroome at gmail.com
Mon Nov 3 13:45:49 EST 2014

IIRC, trilug is now hosted in someone else’s rack at windstream.  Throwing all of the hardware in someone’s rack seems a little forward.

Paying for that hardware and rack space also seems to be a little out of reason considering that when i was treasurer, we were doing good to break even on pizza/sodas each month.

The potential annual SC turnover also makes a setup with this many moving parts impractical.

With the ridiculously cheap price of S3 storage, I seriously don’t see the need for the LUG to take on the responsibility and cost of maintaining ginormous amounts of storage for members to back up to.

"but email is so critical to me that I don't trust my amateur skills.”

Then pay a company to host/manage/backup your mail for you.