[TriLUG] Childproofing

Igor Partola igor at igorpartola.com
Mon Nov 10 11:01:22 EST 2014

I don't have this problem as of yet, my kids are too young to know how to
use computers. However, when they are older my initial plan is to whitelist
sites, not filter them. Just like with any type of censorship, there are
easy ways to obfuscate and otherwise bypass any type of filter. My plan is
to simply whitelist IP's of things like Wikipedia, random game sites they'd
use, etc. While not ideal, I think at least initially that'll be the safer
bet. As they grow older I could widen the whitelist or remove it altogether
and replace it with something else.

Igor